Thistle Tenant Risks is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines.
This website endeavours to conform to Priority 1 and 2 guidelines for the (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 and Section 508 approved guidelines. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user friendly for all people. We are continually making improvements to meet these guidelines.
All pages on this site aim to validate as XHTML 1.0 Strict, and use CSS for visual presentation. Use of tables for non-tabular information is kept to a minimum. This may cause older browsers (e.g. Netscape 4.x) which do not understand standards-compliant code to display pages in a very basic way. However, the pages should still be usable. Wherever possible, we would recommend upgrading your browser to the latest version number to take full advantage of this site's advanced presentational features.
All pages on this site use structured semantic markup and this site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for XHTML and CSS. The site displays correctly in current browsers and using standards compliant XHTML/CSS code means any future browsers will also display it correctly.
This site has been designed to be accessible to as many web browsers as possible. It will not look the same in every browser but the content should be available and accessible in all browsers. Please use the facilities within your browser to present the pages in the best way for you. Most browsers will allow you to alter font size and you may also be able to make other changes.
For best results, please use Internet Explorer 6 or higher, or Firefox 2 or higher. If you are using an older browser, we recommend that you upgrade.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- The site has been purposely designed so that it can be viewed at a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
- When a page is printed all branding, site navigation and the footer have been removed from the page, only main content is left.
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, which should appear as a tool tip when your mouse hovers over it.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
- A site map is available to provide information about the layout of the website.
You can use the options within the browser menu bar to change the size of the text that appears on this website.
You may also use your browser settings to change the text size for all the web sites that you visit. Where our text resizing feature is not available, you can achieve the same result independently by following these instructions:
- - PC / Internet Explorer 6 From the top menu bar, select View and point to Text size
- - PC / Internet Explorer 7 From the menu bar underneath the search field, select Page and point to Text size
- - PC / other browsers Increase text size: Hold down the CTRL key and press + Decrease text size: Hold down the CTRL key and press -
- - Mac / all browsers Increase text size: Hold down the Command key and press + Decrease text size: Hold down the Command key and press -
Other browsers may also have similar options available. Please consult the documentation provided with your browser if similar options to the ones above aren't available.
We don't use access keys. To explain why not, we recommend that you read Nomensa's article.
Whilst Thistle Tenant Risks strive to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. We are continually seeking out solutions that will bring all areas of the site up to the same level of overall accessibility. In the meantime should you experience any difficulty in accessing the Thistle Tenant Risks website, please do not hesitate to contact us.